- Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center
- The Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center tracks the pandemic as it evolves and shares the resulting data on their map and as data files for download each day.
- Harvard University - Center for Geographic Analysis
- Country population and geographical centroids are taken from the world map developed by the Harvard University - Center for Geographic Analysis.
- The number of active cases is the number of confirmed cases minus the number of deaths minus the number of recovered cases.
- The number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases - if there are more than 1,000 confirmed cases in a country, more than 100 on a ship or 10,000 cases world-wide - otherwise "n/a".
- Per 100,000 capita
- The ratio is calculated by the absolute number of cases divided by the estimated population multiplied by 100,000.